One of my dear readers Linda commented on my post the other day that she enjoyed that I dress like I'm going to Coachella all the time, and don't do it just when Coachella is going on. Which I don't! (Not that I knock the themed dressing either, that's equally as fun.) I REALLY DO dress like this almost all of the time. Whether I am going to playgroup with my son, grocery shopping, or volunteering in my daughter's classroom, I dress like I'm heading to a music festival. This look feels like me and I enjoy it. We should all have "permission to play" when getting dressed in the morning, and I like to take this to the extreme from time to time. Ha!
Since I so love the IDEA of Coachella and all the other boho/hipster/cool kids type of events, I wanted to switch it up and go into why I would most likely HATE going to one. Let's do this!
5 reasons why going to Coachella would (probably) drive me nuts:
1) There are a ton of sloppy drunk (among other things, ahem) people at music festivals, and they annoy me. I mean, I get it! I have been that person, and when you are in that mode you don't see how gross you look and how crazy you are. I like to have fun (says the old person), but I don't enjoy getting beer spilled on me by a drunk 19 year old and her seven best friends.
2) Porta potties. In the heat. Enough said.
3) I love music, I play it constantly, and it really makes me happy. But going to an outdoor concert with too many people, and not even being able to see the bands play (unless you get there early, just NO), sucks. I don't get to a lot of concerts lately, but I prefer the ones that I have a seat I paid for, I can see the person singing, and I'm not sweating in a crown of a zillion.
4) Palm Springs at this time of year is ridiculously hot, and I hate being hot. Baking in the sun while wearing a polyester kimono sounds gross to me, and I would be the person that wore all the wrong things in the name of fashion and lived to regret it.
Now I get why all those models wear nothing but bikini tops and cutoff shorts (not happening.)
5) Finally, I think that if I ever show up at the same place that Kendall and Kylie Jenner, (and Justin Bieber) all hang out, I would die. They are all 12 and need to go home.
Tell me, would you enjoy Coachella?