Old Navy tee; J Crew shorts, old (similar); Target boots, old (love these fringe ones!), and hat (similar); Zara necklace, old (deco pool collar!)
Last week a few of my friends and I
escaped the sticky clutches of our children got the awesome chance to go tubing down a river while drinking warm Pinot Grigio out of plastic bottles at 10am.
Don't judge me, it was AWESOME.
Besides talking about men (always), kids (always), an upcoming passion party (ha!), and other such nonsense, a question came up that stumped us all.
What are TEN things that you want for yourself?
This sounds innocent, right? And easy? Think again. This list has to be completely about you. Not dreams you have for your kids, or anything that screams to do list, or dates you want with your husband. What do YOU want to do? Sometimes as a mom and a wife (who stays at home and can sort of get sucked into ONLY being a mom and wife most of the time), this thought process is hard. Even though I honestly don't mind this most of the time. I hardly ever think about what I want to do. So I'm challenging my mama (and non mama!) friends to come up with TEN things that they want to do, either right now or ten years from now. Can you do it?
1) Go to Lucky Fabb again, either in NYC or L.A.
2) Have a (lot's of) girl's weekend. And possibly meet some fabulous ladies I have met online, and reunite with others!)
3) Connect with a local photographer to expand my photography skills, and also to collaborate on better photographs (goodbye, tripod!)
4) Create a viable income for my blog and be a self sustaining/self employed woman (working on it;)
5) Continue to work out and find ways to push myself more so I can be stronger/healthier.
6) Visit the Italian Riviera, and also Greece. And Ireland!
7) Work as a writer, both for my blog and other publications.
8) Give away/sell everything I don't love or absolutely need. Less is more. I still have unpacked boxes from my move a year ago. CLEARLY I don't need this stuff.
9) Learn to spend more wisely when it comes to clothing and accessories, and find what is truly me. (I'm currently filling out this worksheet HERE.) This is not about being someone else, but about being less impulsive and more targeted with how I spend money/buy things.
10) Be fearless in what I am scared about, (like trying blonde hair!) Life is short, wear the red lipstick to preschool drop off;)
Tell me, what are some things that you want for yourself?
P.S. Due to a demand of YOU asking, I've decided to make this a link up! I can't wait to read your lists!