Forever 21 faux fur coat; Target cardigan (underneath), option; Free people slip dress; Hunter boots.
I'm going to take a hint from Naomi over at Love Taza and be more positive today! It is really the most depressing time of year for me, being stuck inside and really wishing for the weather to warm up and spring to appear. I'd like to think I am a fairly positive person on most days, so instead of focusing on all the snow and ice and frigid air going on, and how my kids are quite possibly driving me CRAZY (insert clenched teeth emoji face…), here are TEN things that make me happy:
1) My Kindle Fire. I have been on the hugest binge reading journey this season, often reading about a book a day since early December. I typically enjoy romance novels (don't hate…), but also dig self help and fun biographies. I am a #booknerd, and proud of it.
On that note, Amazon now gives me so many…interesting suggestions based on me buying (and thoroughly enjoying!), the Crossfire Series by Silvia Day. Ha.
2) My new tattoo! I need more now.
3) Sitting in my living room and reading at night, with only the fireplace (and TV, obviously) for light.
See also, fleece pants, 24/7.
4) I've recently upped my workout game and I LOVE feeling strong again! I've been working on running better, and doing many (many) jump squats and burpees. It is really exhilarating to see how far you can push yourself and reach goals that you've set.
5) All the Spring shopping I've done the past two weeks, as well as the two faux fur coats (pink and blue…see above!) that I got on sale from Forever 21. Score.
6) Allllllll the jewelry at American Eagle Outfitter's that is so up my boho alley right now. I. Want. Everything.
7) Listening to the the Mumford and Sons Pandora station on our new Bose portable speaker. That thing rocks my music loving world and keeps me from wanting to shave my hair off and move to Tahiti. (See: cabin fever.)
8) Switching from my typical black/navy/dark red winter nail polish color to my white/pale pink/nude spring palette. I may be bundled up to my eyes in knits, but my hands say 'take me to the beach and hand me a Corona.' No, really.
9) This Free People swing dress from Zappos (again, see above!) I now want the black. And the mint. Orrrrrrrr all of them, really.
10) Learning that my air dried hair (using Sebastian Potion #9 and some last minute flat ironing of the frizzy ends…) looks exactly like my blow-dried/flat ironed/beach wave curling iron hair. This is total #winning in my book, except it took me WAY too long to figure this out, so #sadface.
Tell me, what is making you happy, right now?